In primary they are teaching service this year. The presidency has a Secret Service Helper. It was Rustin's turn to have the service helper. They are supposed to think of something they can do to help someone else. Then at primary they got to tell the rest of the kids what they did and hand a picture up in the primary room. Rustin decided that he wanted to wash the dishes for me. WoNDerFul! (I thought) He had a big list of things he wanted to do. He wanted to help Aunt Sid, Clean Grandma Vickies table off, help Nana set the table and clean the toy room and a few others. So far we have only done the dishes. Hopefully soon we will get the others checked off the list. I think this is a great way to help teach the primary kids service and the act of caring and showing love towards others. Sometimes I think we get caught up doing our own things and live in our own bubble that we don't take the time to do things for others like we should. I know that I am so thankful when others help me out and I'm sure its the same for those that we help.




No comments:
Post a Comment