03 June 2009

Planting the garden












We finally had time to till up the garden spot and get it planted. My dad raised our tomatoes, green peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Jalapenos, and green chilies in his green house. We went there and took the day and planted all those. I planted 20 tomatoes, 10-15 jalapenos about 8 of the rest of the peppers, and 4 of each of the cauliflower, broccoli, and cabbage. After that was done we went to the store and bought 1 spaghetti squash, 1 cucumber, and 1 zucchini and 6 strawberry plants. I also planted some carrots onions and peas... After I had everything planted I realized that I had a little more room in my garden so I think that I am going to go and buy us more strawberry plants and make my patch just a little bigger. I am really excited about our garden this year. I have always liked to have one ever since we have been married, but this year Rustin can help me and I think that he is going to love the strawberry plants- he loves strawberries. I might till up our other little garden spot and plant some potatoes- I am not sure. I have never planted potatoes but I think it would be fun and a good learning experience for me.





1 comment:

Megan said...

I am jealous! When we moved we had to say goodbye to our garden, so sad.