Rustin wasn't really thrilled at the Easter Egg Hunt. He didn't want to leave my side. It made it hard for me to get a good picture of him standing at the tape line before the Hunt.
After he figured out what we were doing he was so excited and only went for the real boiled eggs. I would sometimes stop him and show him a piece of candy and of course he was excited to get candy, but maybe the eggs were just easier to find. I think he liked the hunt this year and to get the eggs.
Rustin and Breann Ivie are about the same age and like to play together, when they don't fight over toys of course. She was so cute to show me her Easter basket, but little Rooney was ignoring me (How nice huh). Lately he is becoming better at pretending he can't hear...
Okay, so last year when we saw the Easter bunny all he did was cry... but he was only 1. So this year I heard they got a new bunny and was so excited because I thought this would help him to like the Easter Bunny. All day, and the day before that, we talked about the Easter Bunny and he kept saying "I like the Easter bunny". So I was sure that this year things would be different and he would like the Bunny. Well... I guess I was wrong again! Rustin even said "cheese" through that sad cry.
We went to Nana's house after the hunt to dye our eggs. This year he was the only grand kid that could make it to her house to color the eggs, but we still had fun. He had a blast, but was a little nervous the first time that he realized that he had colored his hands. I told him it was okay and then he really got into it.
Well, he couldn't dye eggs all by himself so mom and Nana of course got to help.
This is how his hands turned out in the end. The other side was just the same!
Tadah... We colored 3 dozen eggs and Rustin loved every minute. Nana told him to set the egg on the newspaper and roll it, roll it so that it would get the extra color off. He had a blast with this, and yes we had to roll every egg after that.
Rustin has a thing with wearing a towel around his waist. So.. Easter morning he woke up-- way to early-- and decided that he wanted to sleep in his towel. We put it on and then he went back to sleep. It was about 10 am before he finally woke up to come and see what the Easter bunny had brought him. He found the fake eggs and realized that they had candy in them and that was all he wanted for a while. We had to tell him to find the rest of the things that the Easter bunny had brought him.
Rustin... Finding the eggs that the bunny had left him.
The Easter Bunny new he needed a new church suit... Doesn't he look so handsome!




No comments:
Post a Comment