11 May 2009

So Sincere...

We went to Sunday dinner at Nana and Papa's house yesterday. Randy was asked to say the prayer. Well, when we are at home and we ask Rustin to say the prayer, sometimes he will and then sometimes he says that he doesn't want to and then just cuts in when he wants. So we were just sitting there listening to the prayer and all the sudden Rustin starts to help Randy say the prayer. Well, usually he will just copy whatever you say and usually it is like the last word or two of the sentence. But this time it was just like he was taking about something during the prayer. So when Randy was finished my mom says... did he just say "I'm thankful for my body". I wasn't sure what he said until my mom said that and then I realized that is what he said. So where did he come up with that cute little sentence. We talked about it for a minute and my mom asked if he learned aobut their bodies in nursery because thats the lesson that she gave in her sumbeams. I then realized that they had learned about their little bodies in Nursery because when I took him to nursery Amber was cutting out a coloring page that was about their bodies. I am not sure what they did besides that but I know that they talked about being thankful for their bodies and that Rustin really listened and learned something. I am usually in nursery because I am a leader along with Tasha, but since I had Ryler Amber has been my sub. I know that they are doing a great job and am thankful for what they have taught my little boy. I know that trying to come up with a little lesson that the nursery kids will understand is frustrating sometime and it is nice to see that they are actually learning. I am glad that he likes to say the prayer to thank Jesus for the the things that we have and someday soon he is going to say them all by himself.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Sharli, I have to thank you for this post. We were talking about our nursery today in a primary meeting and I used this experience as an example of how even the smallest kids can learn from our lessons, even when we don't think they are. :) Thanks! I love seeing your little family and am so happy for you and Randy.

Cheers!
Kara

Clari said...

cute

Becca said...

Awe! He looks so handsome in his suit!